"Photography, alone of the arts, seems perfected to serve the desire humans have for a moment - this very moment, to stay." - Sam Abell

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Poured Out


Today was a simple day of running errands (though there never is anything simple about running errands), that included seeing Amy and working out at the gym with Caleb ^_^. Fun, fun.

Somedays I find the need to pull my mind out of my endless thinking pit. At times I wonder why the joy I used to find in certain things has been sapped over certain periods of time. Tonight I was reading 2 Samuel 23:16 "He would not drink it, but poured it out to the Lord." I realized all my enjoyments whether it be in things, hobbies, or people, each and everyone is a blessing I've received from GOd. I don't deserve any of them. And, the moment I start trying to own them, or satisfy myself with God's blessings, I've abused them and the joy is gone. I need to give them back to Christ and through that my joy will be in Him. Open and trusting in His provision. Hopefully that makes sense, I might come back later and decide I worded this completely wrong. But for now I've expressed what my current mind set is. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment