"Photography, alone of the arts, seems perfected to serve the desire humans have for a moment - this very moment, to stay." - Sam Abell

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forgotten


As the sun was beginning to set tonight, I walked around downtown near the lake. The cool breeze coming off of it and the way the light played on the water made me feel as if I had instantly been transported to a place far away, removed from everything else. I've forgotten how much I like being by myself sometimes. I took so many pictures it was hard for me to decide which one to pick for today. But I thought this one to be the most appropriate.

Watching the 9/11 re-runs today brought everything back. How incredibly scary and unbelievable it was. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing school and for some reason my dad was home that day from work, watching the news. I remember running into the living and watching live the second plane crash into the other trade center. And, even though I was only 11, there was a chill that ran down my spine as I watched them collapse. Gone in an instant. My dad's head in his hands and the black dust that enveloped the area. I'm proud of our country when I think back to that day, President Bush, the firefighters, and everyone else that helped and pulled together. My prayers go out to all the people still suffering from the loss of loved ones. It will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment